I am relatively new here so I get really happy when I get notifications which says that people actually read my posts, likes it and sometimes comments on it. So imagine my even greater surprise when someone nominated me on a “Mystery Blogger Award” on early August. I KNOW. It’s been a month. Still, I’d like to thank RobinLeeAnn for noticing my blog. She is very nice. And her blog is so informative especially for budding writers out there. She gives tips and advices both for the writers and the critics as well. Check out her blog here.
And because this is my first, papatulan ko ‘to guys. As of this writing I have a couple of pending nominations/awards I also haven’t done yet. Patawarin ako at talagang may katamarang taglay. I’ll slowly get to it. Pramis!
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
The rules are as follows:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 things about me:
1. I am the youngest of five children.
2. I want to be a nun. I’m waiting for a calling if I’m meant to be a nun but it’s not coming. Lol! I had a dream before that I was a nun wearing a purple habit but I have never seen any congregation whatsoever with purple habits. So if that’s a sign maybe I’m not meant for that vocation. Also I feel like I’m way too worldly to be a nun and I’m too much of a sinner. But when I opened up about it to someone she just told me that them nuns are just normal human beings too and that we should not put them in such a pedestal. They cry when they are sad, they frown when they are upset, they have their bad days, and they get angry too. They really are just normal human beings just like the rest of us. So yeah, I’m still waiting for the calling.
3. I have around 15 nicknames.
My answers to the questions from RobinLeeAnn:
1. What inspires you to write?
Anything. Honest. I could be walking down the road and I will be thinking how I would probably describe the walk in words. Or how the sky looked like or something.
2. What’s the best writing advice you’ve received?
It’s not exactly an advice. But it’s what writing is all about (for me). I read this somewhere before from a Frances Mayes book which I never got to finish because I got bored with all the narratives. “Recreating something in words is like being alive twice.” That’s why I write on my journal. I want to remember my thoughts, what I felt, what I’ve done on the most mundane of days. And this blog being my online journal serves me the same way. So writing for me is an honest task. I want to remember moments exactly how I felt that moment. In effect, it’s like being alive twice. Uhm. That’s my understanding of it.
3. What’s a hobby of yours besides reading and writing?
I make art. I’m a watercolor and acrylic enthusiast. Mainly watercolor though. I started with graphite portraits first which really helped when I transitioned into painting portraits.
4. What made you start writing?
I don’t really know. I’ve been writing on journals since I was young. I participated on Feature Writing and Copyreading when I was in Grade School for a Journalism Contests. I had Tumblr and write on it since 2010. I’ve been writing all my life I guess. But mostly just for myself.
5. What’s your favorite anime/tv show?
I’m lame because I don’t really watch TV shows or animes that much. The last anime I got addicted to was Prince of Tennis back in 2008, I think. That’s about nine years already? Lol! I’m so lame. Currently though, I’m starting to watch “The Walking Dead”.
It took me a while to gather blogs that I’d like to nominate because I really want to nominate you all! Pero yung mga naisip ko muna from the top of my head ang nilagay ko dito. Hehe. I don’t know if it transcends this platform but I have a couple of nominations from Tumblr and Blogspot. So these are a few of the blogs I’ve been loving.
I don’t know if these beautiful human beings dig things like this or if they may have been already nominated before. And it’s weird because I’m the new blood in here. But yeah, I’m still nominating you guys. I honestly don’t mind if you do this or not. I just want to use this space to actually show my appreciation to you guys. But I hope you can answer the questions though. In whatever way you can.
1. Airiz Casta – I’ve been a follower of her since the good old Tumblr days. I came across her tumblog when I became a NerdFighter back in 2013. She moved on to blogspot but she has not updated in months. Still I lurk around her blog because I still haven’t read half of her Reading List. And I could read her book reviews and find really good insights from time to time. Plus she makes really cute artworks. #dftba
2. Vienna Noreen – I love reading her blog and I’ve been backreading a lot. She has nice insights about music, movies, books and KDrama/JDrama. She writes good poetries. And she writes really well. I also love reading her posts when she’s fangirling. Ah. The life of a fangirl.
3. Coolpeppermint – I love her art. I love reading her musings about her art and her life. I also love that she writes in short doses so her posts are really easy to read.
4. 5000letters – Azra Tabassum writes wonderful poetry and proses. I love how her poetry can really make me feel things. Like, man, I have never been in love but when I read the things she have written I feel like I’ve already been there.
5. Jumping Jolens – One of those Filipino blogs I randomly came across to and ended up as something that I really like. I’m fairly convinced that the person behind the blog is a very intellectual being. Nakakapaisip kung pano niya naiisip yung mga sinusulat niya. Haha. She can write something comprehensive from just a random thought.
6. Aysabaw – One of those Filipino blogs that never fails to put a smile in my face but also makes me think. I don’t know how to describe her blog because it’s a mixture of everything she likes, her thoughts, her books, her travels and everything under the sun and under the sea. If you need a good laugh or some thought-provoking thoughts, you can get both of that if you head on to her blog.
7. Love, Amielle – At such a young age, this girl already have the wisdom of an adult. Feeling ko tuloy ang immature ko at my age. And I still can’t get over the fact that we have a common friend IRL. Such a small world. This is the post that made me dig through my friend’s IG to confirm my suspicion that we may actually have a common friend.
8. Life of an Introvert – The first Filipino blogger I’ve met here. I wish I could write as often as she does. She’s so in touch with her emotions and she’s not afraid to let it all out.
9. Oh, Maffet – Kindred spirit. Haha. Anyone who likes Harry Potter is my kindred spirit. And I really like reading her inspirational posts. A much needed positivity in this corner of the web.
10. Dungis, Atbp. – I really am lowkey chismosa so I really like reading other people’s most random of thoughts and I get a huge dose of that in her blog. Also, I’m a frustrated architect so I really am rooting for this kid. Tsaka nakakamiss yung estudyante layf.
11. Black Coffee and Bourbon – I’ve always loved reading stories from a guy’s perspective and this is a blog version of that. I like reading his thoughts about his kids and his wife and their marriage and their family. It’s refreshing.
12. Be Quiet Kate – I just really love reading her posts which are written unabashedly but really well-thought out. And I like reading her book reviews because they are so on point. Something I cannot do. Haha.
13. Ica – As I have said, I’m chismosa so I really like reading other people’s stories. I used to be like that when I was still a student. Writing everything. I kind of stopped doing it when I got a job so I somehow forgot how cathartic writing could be. I think it is like that for Ica. Well, I guess it’s like that for all of us. Using writing to let it all out.
Five questions for my nominees:
In case matripan niyo.
1. What’s a song that was released on the year that you were born that you really, really like?
2. If your life is a novel, what would be the title?
3. What word defines you?
4. What are small things that instantly puts a smile on your face?
5. Weird Question: Let’s say that you are a Customer Care Staff. What would you do when a client who’s very angry at the situation and inadvertently at you seriously told you that he is going to make you eat poop? *eh-kung-pakainin-kita-ng-tae-dyan-sabay-flex-ng-maskels-nyang-nonexistent-anger-levels*
My best blog post so far:
- Why I Had to Quit my Job (because you guys made me feel understood and validated)
Thank you again RobinLeeAnn for nominating me and I’m sorry that it took a while to answer your questions.